IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION – 22 AUGUST 2019 PDE ENROLMENT IS NOW OPEN
IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION – 22 AUGUST 2019 PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATION EXAMINATION ENROLMENT IS NOW OPEN
This serves to advise all estate agents who wish to undertake the upcoming Professional Designation Examination (PDE) scheduled to take place on 22 August 2019 that enrolment for such is now open. Enrolment is done strictly via the MyEAAB portal available on the EAAB website www.eaab.org.za and one must be in possession of their 7 digit personal identification number or reference number to be able to enrol. The Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB) Call Centre, 087 285 3222, may be requested to confirm such reference numbers.
The PDE is written by registered estate agents who are certificated against or exempted from completing the prescribed qualifications.
- For PDE 4 (this is an examination that must be written by eligible intern and full- status non-principal estate agents), only those who have been certificated against or exempted from completing the Further Education and Training Certificate: Real Estate (NQF 4). Interns must have also completed the compulsory 12 months internship period and submitted a logbook which has been approved by the EAAB in order for them to be able to enrol for the examination via the MyEAAB portal.
- For PDE 5 (this is an examination that must be written by eligible Principal estate agents), only those who have been certificated against or exempted from completing the National Certificate: Real Estate (NQF 5).
The EAAB encourages those who do not have the study material or study guides to obtain the material prior to enrolling for the examination. They should do so by sending study material order forms with payment proof to email@example.com. The order form for material is available for download on www.eaab.org.za.
Examination enrolment will close on 09 August 2019.
Very important rules for examination enrolment
- Unless PDE enrolment and payment is received prior to the examination date, no examination seat number will be allocated. Estate agents who wish to enrol should therefore ensure that they first enrol for the examination via the MyEAAB Portal when the system is open for enrolment, and then make payment using the correct Unique Seven Digit Reference No. usually used for FFC payments.
- For confirmation of seat numbers, estate agents are requested to check the MyEAAB portal as such are issued automatically via the EAAB SAP system and populated against their system profile.
- Examination results are released at least 8 weeks after the examination date and appeals must be lodged within 14 days of receiving results. Results can be viewed through the MyEAAB Query Management portal.
- Estate agents are advised to ensure that they obtain the required study material from the EAAB prior to enrolling for the examination. Allow sufficient time to request the required study material prior to enrolling for the examination as thorough preparation is very important.
- Examination duration is 4 hours.
- It is an open book examination.
- Only calculators of any type and NOT cell phones or tablets or iPads can be used for any calculation-related questions, (if any).
- ID Documents or Drivers Licence or Passports are a must. Those that are not in possession of any of these documents will NOT be allowed to write the examination.
- Similarly those who come to the examination venue without checking their examination seat number on the MyEAAB portal will NOT be allowed to write the examination. All examination candidates and examination scripts must bear the correct allocated examination seat number.
- Examination seat numbers must be printed and be brought into the examination venue.
Wishing you all the best!
Issued by the Education and Training Department
08 July 2019
Important Notification 22 August 2019 PDE enrolment is now open