WHY THE PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATION EXAMINATION (PDE)?
The Professional Designation Examination (PDE) is an integrated test of knowledge for estate agents contemplated in regulation of the Education Regulations promulgated under Government Notice R.633 on 04 June 2008. In terms of regulations 4(3) no persons may be registered by the EAAB as a full status agent unless that person has successfully completed the Professional Designation Examination (PDE). The PDE is entirely distinct from the old EAAB Board examination and focuses on the new education curriculum that was introduced in 2008.
Eligibility Criteria: Only Estate Agents who have:
- been certified as having successfully completed the relevant qualification will be eligible to write the exam;
- been certified exempted in line with the EAAB Equivalency Matrices.
N.B. AGENTS/PRINCIPALS THAT HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED THE PDE EXEMPTION NEED NOT APPLY.
THE PDE APPLICATION PROCESS
- The PDE will incorporate knowledge component as well as the application or case study component;
- Applicants will be required to achieve an overall 65% passing mark for the exam in order to be certified;
- Only estate agents that have already qualified or been exempted for the NQF 4 (Non-Principals) and NQF 5 (Principals) should apply to write the PDE;
- The PDE application process will be available from 20 July 2011 from which date examination registrations and venues, as well as all preparatory workshops, will be listed on the EAAB’s website home page which may be accessed at http://www.eaab.org.za
FEES AND PAYMENT PROCESS
- A fee of R550.00 is payable for PDE 4 in order for the application to be processed;
- A fee of R750.00 is payable for PDE 5 in order for the application to be processed;
- Only electronic payments will be permitted. Payment should only be made to the EAAB confirming the Payment Reference Number that will be communicated upon submission and processing of your online application.
For further information and assistance please contact email@example.com